WEBQUEST FOR THE STUDENTS AT
There are many holidays and celebrations in the
Holidays and celebrations are special days for fun and remembering the past.
In this Web Quest you will learn about Halloween in the
Task #1 PUMPKINS
Use these links to learn more about Pumpkins and to answer the following questions.
1. Where is the "pumpkin capital" of the world?
2.The largest pumpkin ever grown weighed __________ pounds.
3.Which month is
when most of the pumpkin supply in the
4.Are pumpkins very easy to carve? Why?
5. Who brought the
6. What is a Jack-O-Lantern?
Task #2 TRICK OR TREAT
Use these links to learn more about "Trick or Treating" and to answer the flowing questions.
7. How did "Trick or Treating" begin?
8. Why do people wear costumes on Halloween?
Who brought Halloween to
Task #3 HALLOWEEN AROUND THE WORLD
Use the links to learn more about Halloween in many countries and to answer these questions.
12. In France, do they celebrate Halloween and All Saintís Day?
13. Pick your favorite country and write 3 facts about their Halloween customs.
Task #4 ONLINE GAMES AND FUN
Task #5 FINAL COMPARISION
∑ Compare and contrast Halloween in your favorite country to
the way Halloween is celebrated in the